Click below for information on the Virginia Environmental Endowment’s history, progress, partnerships, and special 40th Anniversary initiatives!
- Op-Ed: 40 Years of Bettering the Environment
- 40th Anniversary Video
- Special Edition 40th Anniversary Annual Report & FY 2017 Grant Awards
- Public Opinion & Environmental Policy in the Commonwealth: Views of Virginia Voters in 2017
- Virginia Institute of Marine Science Report on Kepone Levels in the James River
- October 5th Banner Lecture at the Virginia Historical Society: Toxic Dust – The History and Legacy of Virginia’s Kepone Disaster by Dr. Gregory Wilson
Mission and Focus
The mission of the Virginia Environmental Endowment is to improve the quality of the environment by using its capital, expertise and resources to encourage all sectors to work together to prevent pollution, conserve natural resources, and promote environmental literacy.
Although accorded a national scope by its charter, the Endowment currently limits awards to eligible nonprofit organizations for programs conducted in the state of Virginia and in the Kanawha and Ohio River Valleys of Kentucky and West Virginia.
Additional information about the Virginia Environmental Endowment appeared as a cover story in the December 2014 edition of Appalachian Woodlands.
For information on the establishment of the Fund for the Virginia Environmental Endowment which enables individuals who wish to support the Endowment’s environmental grant-making to make tax deductible contributions to VEE by credit card, wire, or check, see Latest news and updates below.
Please note our new address:
The Virginia Environmental Endowment has moved
to the SunTrust Center in downtown Richmond.
Our new physical location is
919 East Main Street, Suite 1070
Richmond, VA 23219
Our mailing address and telephone number remain the same:
P O Box 790
Richmond, VA 23218-0790
For latest news, press releases, and other updates, click here.